Are you looking for an information? Most commonly asked question are included in our FAQ.
Choose the topic you’re interested in, you can also contact us if you can’t find the answer at your question.
Do you have general question about the training and the website?
1. How to join E-learning training surgical endoscopy?
The programme is managing by the Institute of Image-Guided Surgery and the University of Strasbourg. You have two status choices, if you want to validate your university diploma you will have to registrate a mandatory administrative registration at Strasbourg University.You can also pursue the training as a free listener.
Training info: http://unistramed.u-strasbg.fr/var/ezwebin_site/storage/original/application/5cdc5b2c23f0dea7bced9203a83fb378.pdf
For more information, you can also contact our education service: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the year 2021-2022, you will need to pay:
• The registration fees as may be fixed by the ministerial decree of the Medicine Faculty of Strasbourg.
• The specific right has to be paid at the the Institute of Image-Guided Surgery of Strasbourg:
– Initial Training: 1000€ for the interns, 2600€ for the clinic managers
– Continued training: 3300€ (Individual fees), 4300€ (Employer fees)
– Auditors (only for E-learning), except medical students in 1st or 2nd cycle medical: 1000€
3. Until when can I register for the training?
• Initial and continuing training: until 31st October 2021, if there are any free places left.
The maximun number of participant: 34 participants.
• Open training: throughout the academic year.
4. What professional profile should you have to access the training?
• Initial and continuing training: Digestive surgeons or gastroenterologists, Internal from the 6th semester, clinical assistant chiefs of hospitals and public or private practitioners.
• Open training: In order to promote the surgical innovation, the opportunity is given to a wider audience (medical students in 1st or 2nd cycle medical, non-medical professionals (engineers, industrial …) to follow the theoretical of the University Diploma. This limited participation will not lead to obtaining the diploma.
5. How are the places allocated?
Places are determined on the following basis:
• within the limit of 5 junior hospital doctors,
• within the limit of 7 clinical leaders,
• within the total limit of 34 participants for the medical practitioners.
1. How the training will take place during the academic year?
The training is designed to provide an educational program in surgical endoscopy, in short sequential steps including both theoretical and practical training. The program is organized on an academic year in 4 progressive learning modules, and an end of course placement including the final exam. This final stage will take place at the Institute of Image-Guided Surgery and IRCAD Strasbourg (France).
Each module is ratified by an evaluation (QCM for the theoretical part + evaluation by the tutor for the practice) to access the next module, meeting deadlines for calendar modules.
We remind you that the practical and clinical training are required to complete the diploma.
2. What’s the number of hours to be done to validate the diploma?
• Theory online via the platform of E-learning: 100 hours
• Clinic to achieve during your internship: 150 hours
• Practice (3 courses in Strasbourg): 50 hours
3. What languages are available to be able to continue the training?
The training will be given concurrently in English and French to allow the opening of the online platform internationally.
1. How do I register for the first time on the E- learning platform?
Our team will validate your registration on the website, pre-registration must be carried out on the site of the Institute Guided surgery.
Please be sure to enter your e-mail address, it’s necessary to receive your login information.
You will need to use your regular email address to receive for sure your indications and results on your own box
Before you log on the first time, you will receive your login and a secure password.
We recommend you to change it as soon as possible with your personal preference.
2. What are the steps ?
To start your first course, you will just need to go to the “course” menu at the top of your screen.
On this page you can see all courses available. The first module is “basic principles”.
All you need to do is click on the button “start this course”, from that moment, you will be recorded as a student following this course. You will also be able to view the progress bar below the title and the image of the course
3. How does my grading on the E-learning platform?
Once you started the course, you must start a new question.
The courses and quizzes are to perform in the order defined on the website, you cannot go to the second question without having validated the first one.
Each lesson is presented in the form of an introduction, a video and a quiz to validate.
Quizzes are automatically corrected and validated in real time on the website.
You will need 75% of correct answers to validate your quiz and move on.
The content is updated at regular intervals, we advise you to avoid delays in the learning of your training.
If you do not have well assimilated the course, it’s possible to replay the video and reset, or save your quiz.
4. How can I check my improvement?
You can check your improvement at any time, you all have to do is to go to the top menu « my lessons.
Two Tabs are provided, One allow you to check your active lessons and your improvement (red bar in %), the other one show you your completed courses.
When you fully complete a lesson module you can view the whole rate per lessons.
Note : You also notify by e-mail when you complete a lesson with a quiz, an E-mail with your rate will be sent to you.
We recommend you to keep in a personal file your e-mail results.
5. I can’t use the plateform, what to do ?
We remind you that a manual is available. It include all the functionality of the website.
It’s available for download in PDF, the manual is in French but it includes a large number of screenshot. .
Read carefully the instruction, if you can’t solve your problem our team is available.
You have questions concerning the courses?
You can go to the course page and submit your questions directly online to the Chief Editors or you can contact the expert for each specific course on the pages with the lessons.
You will only have access to the contents of this discussion if you are a group member; in this way the information provided remains private.